Saturday 17 January 2015

Work platform upgrade!

Originally the work platform was made out of wood and was sturdy and strong - that is until I decided to put 300 kg of submarine on it; and I was still expecting it to hold up another 600 kg without complaining.  But it was beginning to look a little unhappy so I decided to rebuild the whole thing from scratch, making it from 2 inch square steel.  Also I finally got around to making the whole thing level!  The reason I didn't get around to leveling it off earlier was because the wood structure wasn't rigid enough to be worth it.

Here it is after a the first day.
14/01/2015

Out with the old and in with the new!  The old one had served it's purpose long enough.  I'll begin dismantling it tomorrow and return dads screws...
17/01/2015

Finished and ready for action!  It's a lot easier to work around and is much more stable.  Now it'll take a ton!
17/01/2015
Building : The Work Platform

No comments:

Post a Comment