Sunday 10 January 2016

Shed Upgrade #1

Over the next week and a half progress on the sub will slow as we get the shed ready for a concrete floor.  We've got everything out now and have started leveling off the dirt and gravel base.  Saturday the 16th is concrete day!

Fig. 1.  I managed to hoist the sub off its platform then move the platform on top of a piano trolley Dad made years ago.  Once I lowered the sub back down I tested it for stability (by that I mean I rocked it back and forth to see if it would fall - it didn't) then I moved it outside.

Fig. 1.
09/01/16

Fig. 2.  The first bit of sunlight the sub has seen in nearly two years!

Fig. 2.
09/01/16

Fig. 3.  The sub lowered in place under the carport.  I can still work on it here, but most of my time will go into helping Dad get the concreting done.

Fig. 3.
09/01/16

Fig. 4 & Fig. 5.  The shed ready to begin leveling off.  You can probably see the top corner where the sub was is the highest point.  It needs about 100 mm taken off it before we can pour the concrete.

Fig. 4.
09/01/16

Fig. 5.
09/01/16

No comments:

Post a Comment