Thursday 31 December 2015

Hoisting Points #2

This is the last of the Hoisting Points updates.

I spent the last few hours putting the last two hoisting points together, then grinding all the welds flat and rounding edges on everything before giving it a coat of paint.  Tomorrow I'll be finishing of the rear dome and putting the motor and elevator system back on.

This weekend I'll make a start on, and hopefully finish, the mounts for the batteries.  After that I've got to make, and mount the throttle; mount the elevator and diving plane controls, and finish of the ballast release mechanism.  Once these are done I can paint the interior (only the front and back for now) then I can start work on the conning tower; hatch, windows and electronics, etc.

Fig. 1.  The left point ready to weld.

Fig. 1.
31/12/2015

Fig. 2.  The left side welded.

Fig. 2.
31/12/2015

Fig. 3.  The right side welded.

Fig. 3.
31/12/2015

Fig. 4.  All done!

Fig. 4.
31/12/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment